100 Days of Writing - 42

I debated cats and cars today with my 18-month old nephew/cousin.  My cousin's kid.  Feels like a nephew.

I have the pleasure of hanging out with him twice a week and it's been a joy to watch him interact with the world.  My sister and brother's kids are 10 years and older now, so it's been a minute since I spent this much time with a toddler. 

He's learning two languages at home so I've begun studying his vocabulary and I think he calls things that move "meow."  He definitely identifies cats as "meows," but also calls cars meows too, which I think is hilarious.  We sat by the front window today and meowed at cars this afternoon.  I'd remind him that they were indeed cars, however the clown in me enjoyed the sounds we were making altogether.

That's the most joyful part- letting loose and getting goofy with a very dedicated audience member.  I don't get up on stage anymore so it's nice to make someone giggle uncontrollably as I shuffle cards or sing a bad song or make a surprised face.

Feelin' dang grateful!

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts