100 Days of Writing - 37

Sang a single line from Stone Temple Pilots' Plush to my dog and she lost interest immediately.

STP was one of those bands I heard about at a younger age because my sister was into them.  But then the radio overplayed them (I listened to 99.9 THE BUZZ) and I also lost interest.  They were a great band, and Scott Weiland, for all his demons, was a genius no doubt.

Still having trouble narrowing my teens down to a single song.  It's a task I must accept but to do it right I have to gather up my memories and summarize them with a blanket song so as to acknowledge each and every facet.

Looking at my list from the other night, there's still so much more I left out.  I omitted Pearl Jam entirely, and I'd say I've been the most devoted fan to them than any other band.  I saw them live twice.

Violent Femmes, PJ Harvey, Live (yes, Live), NIN, Wallflowers, Hole, a shit tonne of others.. I am really stuck.  The one song that keeps coming to mind though is Bush's Glycerine.  I feel like that song ushered me into womanhood, like it made me feel things I hadn't felt before.  Gavin Rossdale set the bar for "my type" and it was my go-to dream song when I fake slow-danced with my crush Scott G, a skater boy I probably had never spoken to.

Silliness.  Dances were the most exciting thing to look forward to.  All that shoulder holding.. dang!

Yep, going with Glycerine, in honour of my awkward teenage girl self.

Bush,

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts