100 Days of Writing - 31

What did I learn about writing today?

I thought a lot about "that book" I want to write.  I thought about its perfect title and the subsequent perfect pages that would follow it.  It would be tongue-in-cheek and enticing.  I debated between the use of a subtitle and the inevitable cliche that brings.

Now I'm sneezing. 

I'm still undecided on the matter, but will hope that I can begin tackling the loose outline I created for it.  It's like it never dawned on me before that writing a book takes so much fucking work.  I think I expected to spew it out one weekend, like it would be easy and the flow nearly unstoppable.  This exercise is showing me that yeah dude, it takes a fuck tonne of dedication and self-discipline to write and to write regularly, especially if you want to produce an actual thing that's not just a brain-dump.

So I'm grateful so far.  I can't even call this writing except for a written organization of my nightly thoughts as I contemplate myself as a human and begin to see the possibility of a habit forming.

It's nice.  I'm grateful.

Jordan Officer (who you should check out),

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts