100 Days of Writing - 38

How could I forget Radiohead?

I feel like a bad teen of the 90s.

Radiohead kept me level-headed throughout my late teens, helped me fall asleep and calm my nerves when they got too frayed.

The Unkle song featuring Thom Yorke, Rabbit in your Headlights, was part of my favourite mix VHS of music videos that I loved from that era.  It makes me wish I was more of a pack rat than I am, I wish I had held onto those tapes, filled with my favourite music.

When I was 19 I bought a pair of tickets to see Radiohead play a huge outdoor show.  I gave a ticket to a close friend who was moving to Oregon that same summer, and we got separated just before RH took the stage, and I spent the concert on my own, which maybe was just the way it was meant to be watched. 

There is something isolating about Radiohead's music, maybe it's the languid tunes or the haunting voice of Thom Yorke, I remember enjoying the show but still dismayed that I'd lost track of my friend.  This was pre-cellphone era. 

I share a birthday with Thom Yorke, a proud achievement, if you ask me.

It's weird to be writing about this in 2019, attempting to listen to the album on Spotify but it's skipping due to what I imagine can only be a poor internet connection.  This ain't vinyl.

Ok Computer still invites me to sleep, it still calms me and piques my imagination.  Dang good album.

That's it for now.

Katie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts