100 Days of Writing - 29

Thinking about the stories we make up as kids. 

When I was 3 years old, I was at the kitchen sink looking out at the yard and Toucan Sam descended from the sky to surprise my brother and sister who were sitting at the picnic table outside.  They seemed to have a really great exchange and then he must have left because that's the extent of my memory.  My very real, very vivid memory of this happening, only confirmed by my older siblings later on.

I couldn't sleep one night, my tummy was hurting me.  Probably around the same age - 3 or 4, and I walked into my parent's room to wake them up for help and just then I felt the pain in my belly surge.  I looked down and there was a bug coming out of my belly button.  (Sorry, that was gross.)  It looked like a green worm, I know, gross right?  No one believed me. 

These things still to this day feel like very real, very lived experiences, but common sense tells me.. nah they probably didn't happen.

Fixations, kid thoughts, belief systems... stories...

Kurt Vile,

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts