100 Days of Writing - 09

Well I've successfully completed a week of this self-induced challenge.  I'm into it!  It's been really helpful to feel motivated to write and the accountability that goes into posting it online is offering a much-needed structure for this ole' master of procrastination.

Tonight I ate freezer-burned perogies for dinner.  Not even fried perogies with onion and sour cream, just gross, boiled perogies.  No accompaniment either, just.. gross, freezer burned, boiled perogies.  Not exciting, and not exciting to read about I'm sure.  Okay pretend the formatting is correct:

Actual thoughts tonight.

EXT. DUNDAS WEST STATION - NIGHT

KATIE LEGGITT, a disheveled mature student stands idly in the cold, waiting for the bus.

KATIE
I think I'll pick up some groceries on my way home. Geez, that's third out of service bus, this is annoying. Gracie's got to go out, but No Frills is on the way, and I can just dip in there real quick and pick up like, something for supper. Maybe some apples for my lunch tomorrow. Phil had nice cucumbers in his lunch today. They were sliced so well and fit perfectly in that container. Were there cherry tomatoes in there too or was that separate container? I think it was the same one! Wow. Sliced cucumbers and then just the right amount of cherry tomatoes to fill up the squarish leftover space in the container. Like a real pro did that. It was perfect. I brought leftover cookies for lunch - that was it. I need to do more groceries, but this damn bus is taking so long. Oh J messaged me. Why won't he post a picture on his dating profile? What's up with that? It's so awkward to ask someone for their picture, makes me feel so vain but like, dude! Dating app! Your Simpson character is cute, but like ughh.. Oof, he just called his ex-girlfriend crazy. That's why he won't post his real photo, because she's harassing him. Okay, I can sympathize, but like now I just have more questions and- finally the bus.

KATIE boards the BUS and it drives off into the night.  

INT. BUS - NIGHT - TRAVELING

KATIE alternates checking her PHONE and gazing out the WINDOW confused.

KATIE
I think I'll skip No Frills. Just make an egg sandwich. Ooh leftover Boursin and a fried egg sandwich. No mayo, but Boursin instead. Mm a tomato slice would make it a lot better, but No Frills is sooo out of the way now. Gotta take Gracie out. K. Decision, made! Maybe I'll just boil those perogies. I should probably eat them, they've been in the freezer for a few months.

INT. APARTMENT - NIGHT (LATER)

KATIE sits on her forest green velvet COUCH watching TV, eating boiled perogies from a bowl - no fork.  GRACIE, her neglected black lab, stares intently at the bowl.

KATIE
Oh fuck these are gross.  Why is the side hard?  Oh well. 

KATIE finishes the bowl and promptly goes to bed.                                             

FADE OUT.
THE END.

Animal Collective,

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts