100 Days of Writing - 10


I read Smile by Raina Telgemeier today and I was reminded of when I broke my two front teeth after riding my brother's bicycle into a parked car when I was 11.  Here's the transcript from my diary entry on this most life-changing incident:

***
June 27, 1994

I'm getting treatment for those discusting warts on my feet.  It's the fourth time I get it done to me (I mean, I had to go back every week.) every Tuesday.  Next week's the last one.

And I cracked chipped my 2 front teeth!  In other words, I rammed into a parked car!!  One of them are is dead, and the other still has a chance of living.  I told Mom that I'm gonna hold a funeral for my dead tooth.  Oh ya, I hafta get a Root Canal!!! I told "ma" that I'd much rather die!!

Anyway, Dr. Lamarche gave me some toothpaste called Sensodyne-F.  I hafta rub it all over my two teeth and IT IS DICUSTING!! 

Mom says it's good.  I don't agree with her at all.  Plus, I had to swallow it without any water and I couldn't spit it out!  Bye!  [and then in really icky font] GROSS!

***

Also, perhaps worth noting, on the next page, dated July 4, I ripped out a list of swear words I wrote out of boredom, haha!  A month later my dad brought home our first modem.  <3

Today in our publishing class we had to write about an object from the perspective of (the same) 5 year old, 10 year old, and 15 year old, and we'll go onto expand on one of the paragraphs we wrote, so I'm feeling pretty happy to have this kind of GOLD to refer back to.  Even if just to get a sense of the narrow scope of my life.  I wrote about the mundane activities I did, kid couples dating at school and it stays pretty rated G until my parents got divorced, as one can expect.  That's when the juicy, hormone fueled poetry really starts.

It's nice to have these artifacts of my life, and to think about the relationship that exists between the person who wrote about the 1995 referendum, angry rants about my brother and childish birthday parties and the person who sits here now.  We've all got treasure chests full stories and experiences, ain't it something?

#Diaries

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts