100 Days of Writing - 24

Rose are red
Violets are purple
I'm going to name my cat
Nermal Nermal Nermal.

***

My friend told me a story yesterday and I think it's really cute.

Her sister was visiting from Chile with her 3 kids and husband.  Her two oldest, ages 5 and 3, have grown up there and this was their first time in Canada.

One day when they tasted a banana, they noticed it tasted very differently than the ones they eat in Chile, for reasons you and I can ascertain.  Grampa Bear told the kids, "these are Canadian bananas.  They grow only during the Winter and we have to eat them right away."  And the next morning, Grampa Bear got up very early and used fishing wire to tie a bunch of bananas to a tree in their backyard for the kids to discover.

"Canadian bananas!" the 5 year old cheered.

The family went outside to "pick them" and then Gramma made banana bread.

Canadian bananas!  It's so silly.

hehe

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts