100 Days of Writing - 02


Mornings.  I love them and hate them too.  They're for rolling around in bed, sipping coffee, rushing to work.  It's a magical time and some people even manage to eat their breakfast before leaving their home.

I am not one of those people.  I am a snooze-til-the-last-minute, rush to get ready, take my dog for a brisk walk and run for the bus/hop on my bike and book it type of person.  I like the energy that mornings bring, seeing people on their way to work or to mysterious places.  I love spotting people in cafes with their laptops open, looking out the window for inspiration.  I love seeing all the dogs happy to be outside, the cat skirting across the street to avoid the car and even the occasional plump raccoon caught red-handed, munching on something surely gross.

Tranquil mornings are lovely.  This is one of those mornings, although I'm approaching noon quite quickly.  I have yet to make breakfast, but I will as soon as I'm done writing.  I have a cold cup of coffee by my side and the usual fog in my head.  Eggs, toast, and maybe even a near-stale buttertart await me.

Morning routines are like working out at the gym for me.  I'd really like to have one, to be diligent with myself and wake up extra early to get all the things done that I feel like I should in order to have a productive day but I'm selfish and I like to sleep.  I get romanced by my dreams and the hopes of returning to the most pleasant one of the night.  I'd like to go to the gym, to dedicate time to it and to shape my body into a less blubbery version that it is right now.

Once I'm out the door and on my way to my destination, my body kicks in and usually gets the job done in an orderly fashion.  One foot in front of the other and so on.  I'm learning to hydrate myself before long bike rides to school and to stretch- from time to time.

Retirement's going to be nice.  I stow away all my rainy day plans for retirement.  The getting up early, the yoga, the baking, the cooking.  Right now I'm just trying to get to a place where I can feel like I'm contributing to society.  I rarely make time for productive self-care acts that don't involve Netflix, true crime stories, or beer and pals.

Mornings are lovely.

Heating and laundry,

Katie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts