100 Days of Writing - 12

I stopped listening to music for some stupid reason.  I imagine it has something to do with moving to a foreign place and up-heaving my life but I am making serious efforts to fix this and it feels good.

I put on an old album that I love (Winter Tale by Bobby Long) and it's taken me back to 2011 so I looked for a matching journal for that year and found my purple padded diary and when I flipped it open I found a list of crushes.  From 8 years ago, haha.

A real, live, grown woman wrote a list of crushes in her diary at almost 30.  I guess the dreamer in us doesn't always grow up eh?

First, a number is assigned.  Then their name, in full and finally, as if an afterthought, or me trying to find the algorithm behind the mystery of my singleness, is an adjective to describe them.  They range from sporty, to spiritual, cute, to "all of the above." Wrote that last one about my then-crush, a balding actor that I handed a hand-written poem to one night in a dark alley... that's more funny than creepy, right?!  ;)

If nothing else, I've certainly attempted to make waves in the love department, and have grown to understand the whole "muse" thing.  In the end, I think I'm kind of this awkward girl who has bouts of confidence and misguided expectations of how love should play out.

2011 was a good year, and I got to see Mr. Bobby Long play Divan Orange on St-Laurent and I think I went by myself as I usually did and I basked in his amazing music.  2019's shaping up to look great too.  Seeing the Barr Brothers and Kurt Vile at the end of February and I may lose my shit in both cases.  Take me to more shows, will ya!

Bobby Long and unrequited love,

Katie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts