I don't know what.

Sometimes I just want to barricade myself in my apartment with nothing but dvds and junk food.  It's been that kind of month so far, the past few are catching up to me and I'm crashing.  I didn't know my feet could tingle after a day's work... can't be good.  I'm falling apart!

I spoke to my 85 year old grandfather today who recently did a stint in the hospital due to some emphysema-related symptoms.  The man is solid as a rock, even in his eighties, and he was the one reminding me to take it easy.  I guess that makes sense actually.  :)

Tonight as I observed my purchases on the conveyor belt at the Provigo, I realized how loud they were shouting "SINGLE GIRL!"  A frozen dinner, a twist-open bottle of wine (with a dollar off coupon), and a bag of m&ms.  Yep, that's my Friday night, and I wouldn't want it any other way.  The next week is going to be hectic, the treeplanting play "Lifer" is opening at the theatre, and I'm not off book, plus I've got the regular munchkins to animate during the day.  There is also a small chance I might be on the news on Tuesday, we'll see.  Needless to say I want to rest up and do nothing important in the mean time.

It's just funny how much our food says about us.  There was a woman smaller than me pushing a cart full of healthy food around the tiny grocery store and I imagined her 3 plus kids running around the house with their organic yogurt and lemons.  I bet they're all brainiacs and well-behaved in school.  I can't help but look at what people are eating these days, I find it so interesting.  I caught a glimpse of a guy's lunch today and it warmed my heart to know I'm not the only late twenty-something who still eats Kraft Dinner from time to time.

Paul Simon,

Katie

PS - Paul Simon has a new double disc out and I haven't stopped listening to it all day, especially Bridge Over Troubled Water... there's probably a reason but I'll let you decide: http://music.aol.ca/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/2

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts