Heartistique

Watching people take care of themselves inspires me.  Especially artists.  I think it's so important for creative individuals to take care of their needs in order to pursue their passion with a sense of responsibility and ownership.  It can be very challenging when you work late nights and drain yourself of energy in an effort to produce something, whether it be a piece of writing, music, performance or whatever.  It's a personal tax we impose on ourselves knowing that it's for a good reason, to pursue our passion, but damn it can be exhausting.

So when I see people heading home early or even munching on something healthy, it brings a smile to my face because I know it takes a great deal of self-discipline to listen to that inner voice and honor those thoughts. To put in the time required to be prepared is also incredibly demanding, sometimes we don't always bother.  But sometimes, others will help.  My friend Sandi made me a tea last night after hearing my hoarse voice, which was a result of a frustrating drive over to the theatre and singing along to hardcore music.  Well.  Screaming along to hardcore music. It's become a bit of an outlet this week.  Reaching out like that made me feel so comforted, and it was a simple act of kindness.  It totally redirected me.

Recently I saw someone I hadn't seen in almost a year.  I was shocked at the difference in appearance and although I don't know for sure what their situation is, I can use my imagination and probably make an educated guess that it's a result of some self-induced bad habits.  I wondered why this particular individual had struggled so much and thinking beyond the misguided soul story, I think they probably just lack love in their life.  Real, true, genuine, achy breaky love.  Maybe some people are able to numb themselves to it in order to protect themselves from hurt, but in the end it probably does them more harm than good.

So, friendly, sensitive artistic community and anyone and everyone, thank you for eating your salads, doing your cleanses, sprinkling hemp seeds into your smoothies or skipping out on negative attitudes, and keep at it.  Your body, your mind and especially your creative side will thank you.  And if you're not feeling creative, try something different, and commit to that for 3 weeks.  The 3-week rule, man.  It's so powerful.

Well, it's now almost 12:30, I've clearly declined the inner invitation to go to bed at a reasonable hour, so I should probably hit the hay.

Anytime will do,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts