Wisdom from the Woods

I recently went camping for a few days and had the chance to absorb some wisdom from nature, on love and relationships.  I guess that's what I went there searching for, I always wonder about this stuff, just like everyone else.  I wrote these entries surrounded by a beautiful lake, trees, cabin, and wonderful family.  Here's what the woods taught me:

It's about creating harmony.  Sing your personal song, from the heart, be honest and appreciate others who may be different from you.

Nourish your body and spirit and don't give up hope.  Things will fall into place as they should.  Be respectful when things don't go your way and expect the order of life to take care of you.  Meanwhile, take advantage of the opportunities as they present themselves.  Don't block.  Be open.  Relax.  And enjoy.

Watch life grow, and assist.  Help out how you can.  Take part.

Nature (true love) never stops being beautiful.  It is a constant.  There maybe be a changeover that occurs, as things grow old and die, but each season renews.  Plenty of beautiful wonder to be appreciated.

That, and nature is always accepting.  There is no judgment.  The fish does not discriminate between the tadpole and its stages.  Likewise, the tadpole does not object either.  It just grows.  The tadpole must go through each stage in order to become the frog it is destined to be.  Each transformation that takes place is essential and slowly reveals its true self.

People go through stages too, but we judge and discriminate and object.  We have personal investments in mind and are maybe a bit selfish.  If the person you love isn't on the same page, what can you do to change that?  Nothing.  Either be patient and admire where they're at, or move on and align yourself with someone who is more equal to you.  Harmony.

In short, we will always be chasing after those who pique our interest, just like the minnows and the birds, and those journeys can take us to some pretty marvelous places.

Each night the fireflies were out, glowing.  I'm always amazed by them.  Well one evening, a firefly perched itself on the cabin windowscreen next to where I was sitting, and would light up when I passed my hand over it.  "That's all I have to do eh?  Just pay attention, to you and to me."

Be patient, trust, and enjoy the journey.

My skin has been sun-kissed, my spirit has been soaked and my mind has been cleared like the skies.

Thank you.  I am grateful.

Bon Iver,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts