Recovery/Discovery

Hey.  It's been a while, how you doing?  Oh that's cool.  Me?  Yeah not bad, been better but you know how it is, ups and downs, ups and downs right?  Oh nothing man, just like... not feeling it you know?  Just kind of went under for a while, couldn't really shake it.  Yeah Winnipeg was great, really loved it.  Not as life changing as I'd hoped, but I have a tendency to over-hype things.

***

My brain has slowed to a summer pace, my fridge smells like feet and my healthy habits have been thrown to the wayside (or should I say waist-side, I've put on a few).  But that's okay because I'm on summer vacation right?  It's amazing how much taking a break from a busy lifestyle can have an opposite effect on someone.  In comes healthy ways to relax, or what I should have been doing these past few weeks:

1. Remember how much of a negative effect eating crap has on your spirit.  Continue to eat well and don't adopt Kraft as your household staple.
2. Get outside.  The computer will still be there when you get back.  Take in the fresh air and leave Facebook alone.  Facebook will not miss you.
3. Wake up at a reasonable hour.  Do not continue to roll over and sleep for 15 minute intervals.  This prevents you from feeling awake the rest of the day.
4. Read more.  Books.  Read more books, or try to finish one of the billion you've started.
5. Do not self-implode.  Remain conscious, spread joy and keep good karma.  Trust.

Under my processed food-laced brain, I've started to lose sight of some of my goals. This morning I had a great dream that sort of rekindled my faith in the universe. I was sitting in a church-like theatre, next to some friends, awaiting a big show, when a little girl sitting in front of us turned around and asked my friend when he was getting a puppy?  He said soon, when it's the right timing, and she asked him why not sooner and so I piped in with "when you want something really bad, you have to be patient."  She was happy with that answer and I woke up, feeling like I'd just woken up from a 3-week-long, vacationy sleep.

So I plan to practice a little more patience on this second half of my vacation.

Peace ya'll,

Katie

Comments

  1. I'm right there with ya in lala land sista!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts