Spark it Up

There comes a point in time where you just need to suck it up and do it already.

Today I put on a Talent Show at my elementary school and it went super well.  I'm still high from the adrenaline rush and lack of calm, while I sit here eating the melon I brought for breakfast.  That just goes to show you how little free time I had today.  But that's okay, it comes with the territory.

Originally I was concerned about trying to organize a Talent Show for a school of 800 students.  That's a lot of filtering. But in the end, it was magical. 

With all the organization, anticipation, practicing, and subsequent stress related to it all, it felt good to finally brace the stage and go for it.  Crossing the threshold of preparation and taking action is so satisfying.  The moment that transition happens is not always clear, but it's a key point to focus on.  100% motivation lives in that spark, we just need to ignite it; that moment the capgun blows and you start the race.  The moment you wake up to a new way of living.  The time you finally act on the decisions you've been putting off, or the risks you're too frightened to take.

But you know, whichever way it goes, the satisfaction lies in the effort.  100% motivation, 100% action.  The rest is out of your hands, but if you luck out like I did today, everything will fall into place, like it always does.

That's why I love the stage.  It's a conscious risk you take every night.

If each day started with a new spark, imagine the outcome.  Happy days, and meaningful ones too. 


As a side note, I'm still going without sugar, alcohol and all the rest of it too.  I had some pasta and coffee this weekend, some cheese and beer too, but it didn't feel right.  The slice of cake I had for dessert on Friday really didn't impress me as much as I'd hoped.  Maybe I'm onto something here... We'll see.  I don't feel like I'm depriving myself, I feel much more in control and aware of the food I eat.  It's an enjoyable feeling, feeling like this - healthy.  Each day at a time, and each day counts.  It's a process!  I'll cheers a nice cold beer to that any day!  :)

Peace and a whole lotta love,

Katie

Comments

  1. I seem to have this conversation a lot; you know the one about the outcome of your life being directly related to how much effort you put into it. Sure, there are always going to be people who fall face first into happiness, wealth and good luck, and I'll have to work my entire life to keep a roof over my head, make my marriage work and keep my kids happy, but at least I'll know I earned it. Just like your day today, you earned your feeling of satisfaction. Kudos to LIVING!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts