full circle

Was it DaVinci who was the only man capable of drawing a perfect circle by hand?  Even when I trace something, the line always changes when I have to re-angle my pencil.  It's difficult.  But the symbol, a circle, O, is whole, and lately I've been having moments where I feel a full circle has occurred.

Recently I was sitting in a bar called Aux Verres Stérilisés (Sterilized Glasses), talking about love and pursuing your art to someone who I once read about in the newspaper.  Years ago I read that a man from out West had inherited a building downtown that he was converting into a theatre.  Wow, I thought, that's so cool.  Right away I was curious to know more about the transformation, but it wouldn't be until after cegep that I finally visited Theatre Ste-Catherine.

Small and quaint, it's the perfect venue for anything art.  I love it, and it truly has become my home away from home.  My friends Alain and Mark took over the business side of things a year and a half ago and I've been lucky enough to stay a part of Le Nouveau family.  I got to know Eric, the man who built the place, the man I read about in the paper.

Well there we are, sitting across the table from one another and our conversation funneled and we discussed love and relationships, parenting, pursuing your goals, the tide and other wonderful things.  He's setting sail on a new journey and at some point in the night, I had that full circle feeling.  You just never know.

It's funny about life.  That was my uncle Byron's favorite saying, my grandfather's war-hero brother.  "It's funny about life."  And then he'd stare off into the distance and reflect.

Last night at the theatre they screened "Café Café" the movie, based on a series of plays Alain wrote a few years back.  That was full circle number two.  Not only was I watching all my favorite people on screen, I realized a dream I've had since I was a kid - to be in a movie!  I used to stargaze and dream about marrying Macauley Culkin when I became famous.  And when my name came up against a shot-backdrop of our beautiful city, I almost cried.  I kept it together somehow but was so enthralled by the whole night.  Full circle.

Lately, these past few days, I feel like the universe is really on my side.  It's propping me up for something major.  What that is yet, I'm not entirely sure.

I went through a bit of a spiritual rough patch during my cleanse, I think related to the accident up my street, but I went to see my Guru-Grampa this weekend and he helped reorient my thinking.  I cleansed out my soul as well as my liver and now I feel like writing is all I want to do.

So we'll see where it takes me.

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah,

Katie.

Comments

  1. We should hang out before I go back to Kingston :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts