Camo-caffeine highs and sugar lows

Here's to new music.  It's just what I need to pick me up out of the dumps.

I'm on day 13 of my cleanse.  Technically I could stop tomorrow but I think I feel the need to continue on for one more week.  It takes roughly 21 days to change a habit, so I'm hopeful that I will continue to avoid dairy products.  I love that. "Hopeful."  As if it's out of my hands.  I can totally take control of this, and pursue a full-on vegan lifestyle.  A few times in the past week, I let it drop that I was vegan without the full background "Cleanse"  story, and I felt like such a liar.  Maybe that's where the angry vegan stems from; feeling the need to advertise their beliefs when it's not really necessary.

In any case, I'll be mindful of my eating habits again this week, start my day with a glass of lemon-water, and eat some grains or fruit for breakfast.  I continue to avoid alcohol (my pregnant friend Tasha introduced me to Beck's 0.0, and it's awesome), refined sugars and wheat.  I cheated a bit this weekend and had some samosas after an adventurous evening of walking through the city.  I think I'll make smoothies this week, I haven't done that in a while for some reason.  I weave in and out of good habits, I guess that's normal.

What's not normal is my mood.  I was trying to explain myself to a friend last night, how my energy level seems to have stabilized, as opposed to having many highs and lows: camo-caffeine highs and sugar lows.  As a result of a more equalized system, I'm missing the wide-eyed enthusiasm I've been experiencing for the past several months.  That's part of the reason I want to stretch this out another week.  Let's see if that comes back.

In the meantime, I'm trying to take advantage of this "down" time to do some soul-searching, figure out a few things and attend to my inner self.  I've been wanting to meditate too, so I should stop wanting and start doing.  I shelve things.  I shelved daily meditation for about 12 years.  Time to dust that one off and put it to use.

The Vaccines (super awesome!!),

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts