100 Days of Writing - 46

Just got home from watching The Barr Brothers play their album, Sleeping Operator, in full at the Mod Club.  My first time there, and while I wasn't too crazy about the space itself, the sound was on point and my soul is satiated after almost two hours of beautiful music.

Concerts have always been something I enjoy doing, with others, or on my own.  Ever since I was a teenager, I remember moshing in a pit and feeling a spiritual unison with the people in closest proximity.  Over the years, that diminished as my musical interests calmed a bit and I found myself growing cranky over the constant interference of tall men.  I pictured bringing stilts just so I could watch my favourite bands, uninterrupted and without any neck pain. 

Tonight I lucked out with a perfect spot on the second floor with an all-access view of the stage.  I bopped my head and caught up to the person standing next to me, also bopping their head.  And it makes no sense at all, but as I bopped my head with the same timing as theirs, I felt a connection.  It was nice, and I left without uttering a single word to them, but I maintain the mutual understanding that took place.  Mostly that we have good taste in music, but that we also shared a moment of seeing a really great live show.... together?  Okay that's getting weird now hahaha.

This is show #2 of 2019 so I hope I keep this music-going streak up and see some more great performances this year.

Barr Brothers,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts