100 Days of Writing - 55

Opportunity, as a concept.  Filled with possibilities, stories and missed connections.   

I had a GREAT. FUCKING. DAY. today.  I specify the caps and f-bomb because it's been a rare occurrence to feel so connected to destiny like I did today.  Having been so school/work focused for the last several months has been good for me, to get shit done, but it's also exhausting.  

The semester is coming to an end though, and we're gearing up for our internships and today it just so happened that I got to dance with the greats.

I volunteered to be a jury member for the Independent Producer's Webseries Fund and we met this morning to go over some projects.  It felt great to give honest feedback and to feel like it counted.  That it was heard and possibly even helpful.  

After a lovely lunch with a few of my classmates, I headed over to CBC for an internship interview that went fairly well, considering applicants had about 10 minutes each.  Each of my colleagues I spoke to afterwards felt the same as I did; comfortable, happy, and at ease in the interview.  That speaks a lot to what goes on there, I think.  The fact that I was that close to a dream was surreal, truly.  And to acknowledge that I've been working on this goal, to work with CBC Kids, was a nice feeling.  I'm there!  I'm ready.  I'm here.

From there, I rode to Enter the Picture Productions where I met with the great folks behind Jonovision, for a school project.  We were tasked with interviewing producers/creators behind a big show, essentially.  They had such lovely things to say about making the show, and working with Jonathan Torrens, and the teenager in me was like high-fiving my heart for doing it.  It's a show that has stayed with me, especially when I was an educator in schools.  Having a place to turn to to feel like there was relevant content that made me laugh and spoke to me as a teen was super meaningful.  It was something I would later recreate on a micro-level when I did a talk-show type of assembly for 500 kids in a high school.  

After spending nearly an hour chatting with the producers, I rode to school (quite sweattily in all my synthetic clothing, and sat down to enjoy a panel discussion on development when I heard my phone buzz.  I took a look and I had missed a call from a 902 area code.  NO. FUCKING. WAY. 

It couldn't be, I thought.  I googled 902 and sure enough, it was a Nova Scotian area code.  I listened to my voicemail, and... it was Jonathan Torrens calling.  The producers sent him my number and he called to chat about Jonovision!  Can you believe it?!  

Truly a highlight, if not THE HIGHLIGHT, of my year.  This whole day has been out of this world amazing.  

So I chatted with Jonathan Torrens, about his show, and had to hold back my desire to stop the panel discussion going on in my class when I returned to inform everyone of what just happened.  I was elated.  

Ugh.  It was a great fucking day.  

So yeah, I feel like I got to take advantage of some really wonderful opportunities today and it was super rewarding.  I don't think I've been paying enough attention to opportunities that happen in my day to day so this definitely knocked me to attention!  Life is happening Katie!  Git er done!

<3

Katie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popcorn Farts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts