Blog's 1st Birthday

Weird.  I'm sitting in Shaika, listening to Skrillex on my headphones, watching a musician set up for Open Mic Night, something soft on the café speakers..  I'm surrounded by music!  Earlier I was looking at pictures of Joe Strummer and other legendary rockstars, taken by my new hero, Bob Gruen.  I seem to have stumbled into a love of photographing people at a later age, and right now all I want to do is read about his life and how he found himself following some of the coolest people around.

They say the average person has five careers in their lifetime.  Five of em.  Five.  I've thought about this before and I feel like I'm at 2 so far.  Actor.  Spiritual Animator.  Sure I'm a writer, but have yet to make a living off of it so until that day comes I'll consider it a passionate pass-time of mine.  Somewhere in me the photographer keeps creeping up and I'm determined to finally take a class this year and maybe let something happen.

We'll see.

One step at a time.

I thought I'd come here tonight to relay some sort of significant anniversarial message of mine, a happy birthday wish to my blog, and a summary of my year of learning, but as I've said in the past, it's a process.  I think tonight, I'll stick around the café and enjoy whatever comes out of the mic; the tall dark and handsome man behind has caught my attention.  Caught is right.  I just got busted staring, hahaha. 

Well I will end with a birthday wish.  After all, it's only fitting.

I wish for love and joy, more farming, more photographing and writing.  More more more.  Yep - staying for open mic night was definitely a good idea.

Tall dark and handsome man on mic,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts