State of my Union

Let's be honest here.  As much as I might enjoy writing about health and inspiration, I have far more interesting things to say about my love life than my digestive tract.  It's also more entertaining to read about.  So here goes.

I've always had reservations about dating a stand-up comic just in case I might fart in public and wind up the butt of a joke at a later date.  Or worse.  So I guess it's hard to date me now, because I'm probably going to write about it.  I feel like I've developed certain standards in posting though, and positivity tops the list.  Even if I have a bad day, I want to find at least one good thing I learned, and that does the trick.

I have been thinking a lot about people in my life that "were meant to be."  When I first started dating D, I believed that there was really something worth exploring and that he came into my life for a reason.  Although we have decided to pursue a friendship at this point, I was confused as to why I was seeing all kinds of signs if we were only destined to be friends.

Through some reflection and tears, here's what I realized.  People do come into your life for a reason.  But it's not always for you.  Sometimes people need to learn how to smile again, feel again and desire again.

I once met a handsome man with an American bulldog at the dog park.  We flirted and he made me feel something I was lacking in my relationship.  That sparked a change in me that led to the inevitable break-up, and for months I always wondered about Dog Park Boy. Months.  I wanted to pick up where we left off, but now I understand why we came together at that moment.  For change.

I'm easily disappointed when things don't work out with someone I'm interested in.  We all are, especially when we question why this person came into our lives in the first place.

I saw My Cloud recently.  The one that got away.  The one I scared away, haha.  He's probably the one person who I will always wonder about.  Silence is far too vast to find any closure in.  In any case, he set the bar for acceptable partners and I guess I should thank him for that.  There's no reason to settle for anything less.

CPC Gangbangs (that's a band, don't get the wrong idea lol),

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts