burp

You know you've been single for a long time when the restaurants you used to frequent have all changed their menus.

This morning Davey and I went out for breakfast at a local diner, B & M.  A little classier than a diner really, but that's the layout.  He ordered a Belgian waffle with raspberries and I got a vegetarian omelet.  It was decent, I was really looking forward to having jam on toast, and that was the deciding factor when contemplating breakfast options.  I guess you don't really deserve toast with French toast... seems kind of redundant.

Anyhow, a lot of old people come for breakfast on Sundays.  I'm sure that's the case for most restaurants, but  for this one in particular it seems.  I'm sitting there, alternating sips of coffee and bites of omelet when I watch a couple in their late 80s shuffle past a table with a young family.  2 boys and a high chair.  The old man brushes his hand over the top of the baby's head and continues on towards the exit.

How sweet, I thought.  Two beings, on complete opposite ends of life.  One just starting out, and one just finishing.  I wonder what the old man felt as his palm grazed the fine hairs of the little boy, as if to restore some inspiration.  The sight of a young spirit, and an old one needing a fresh connection.

Sometimes we fall into funks and we lose sight of what got us here.  We just know we're in one and can't see a way out.  Renewing inspiration comes to mind.

Eating living foods comes to mind.  I can't even remember if I have already used this quote in a previous entry, but here goes anyway.  It may sound dramatic but it's true.  The last few weeks have been boxed, processed, and cheap for me.  It really affects my energy levels and overall joy-factor when I don't eat healthily.  The following thought came to me as I was driving to work one morning, but as if for someone else:

I stopped wanting to eat living foods, and I stopped wanting to live.

It's a simple equation: eat alive, feel alive.

I went to see my dentist the other day and he's referred me to an ear nose and throat doctor.  He thinks I may have chronic acid reflux disease.  DISEASE.  WTF.  If that's not an indication of what eating poorly can do to you, I don't know what is...  I'm at the age now where life choices are starting to manifest themselves in my body and it's frightening.

I'm tempted to promote more healthy eating and blah blah blah but the truth is, life is at our fingertips.  It is everywhere.  It's inside, it's outside, it's at the corner diner.  Live it and love it, take care of your body and it will lead you to great places.

I feel a change on its way, one that's probably overdue, and I will accept it with grace.  (same to you)

Peace and love,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts