Plays Healthy

Yesterday I arrived at the theatre at 7:30 am, excited to find out what play I'd be performing in 12 hours later, at 8 pm.  Turns out I got to do a hysterical absurdist play.  It was awesome!  A very intense day but luckily the snacks I brought sustained me throughout the 16 hours I spent inside the bricked-out theatre.

I am feeling quite good, overall I feel lighter, more connected and "flowy," like my joints are less stiff and I'm able to walk without feeling sluggish or tired.  I had a tremendous amount of energy that lasted into the night yesterday, so I'm feeling way better than I did earlier on in the week.  My head is still sort of expecting a wake-me-up coffee, but each day I feel improvement.

Yesterday I had millet with cinnamon and sliced Macintosh apples for breakfast.  That kept me going strong all morning.  And it was easy to make; I used my rice cooker.  That thing is a godsend.  I threw the millet in and let it cook while I got ready, threw it in a container to go, and sliced the apple up later, at the theatre.  I'm not the type who makes time in the morning to eat breakfast, I'm an on the goer I guess, so my food is usually assembled when I arrive at my destination.  Re-reading this I realize these are really boring details but it's taken me a long time to understand how people make healthy eating work, so here ya go.

Lunch (and supper) was wakame salad, a delicious sesame seaweed dish I buy at a Japanese grocer nearby, high in calcium.  I nibbled on almonds, pumpkin seeds, apricots and a few fruits and things...  I am probably eating more fruits than vegetables these days so I stocked up on more veggies when I went to the market this afternoon.

Anyhosers, I decided it would be a good idea to take a personal day this Sunday, and have enjoyed wandering my neighborhood and watching movies.  I'm about to make popcorn now and watch The Silence of the  Lambs.

Woop Woop!

K-Legs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts