Day three

Boo.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Detoxing ain't for wusses.  The inner complainer has been out all day, whining about all kinds of things.  My head hurts.  My muscles ache.  I can't sit comfortably.  Boo.  Wah.

This past night I was woken up at around 1am by the sound of a car alarm.  Perks of living in the city.  It wouldn't have been so bad if it had just been shut off a few minutes later.  But no.  The owner was either sound asleep and slept through the whole thing or too lazy to get up and deal with it.  I even checked if it was mine, and my car doesn't have a car alarm.  I was upset, but let go of the anger and slept in soundly until my own alarm went off.

But now, 5:21 pm, I admit I'm feeling discouraged.  The headache is still there and I'm being stubborn about taking advil for it.. But I think I will.  No sense fighting with it.  Mind you they say taking meds like that will prevent the body from correcting itself, but I ain't about to sit through another few hours with this headache.  And the legs.  My legs are worse today.

It's a pain that is familiar to me; it used to be very present, on a daily basis even, before I began this holistic journey.  The stress I wasn't managing took up residence in my leg muscles and kicked and screamed and burned almost 24/7. So today I know the difference, and I know this pain will work itself out.  It's because I've cut out wheat and sugar from my diet, abruptly.  My body is in shock.  Now she's rebelling, like a kid throwing a temper tantrum in order to get something she wants.  But that's a fight worth sticking out for.

Food for the day - more of the same, I'm approaching the need to do groceries so it'll get switched up soon enough; I had the same breakfast, and leftover veggies for lunch.  Very satisfying.  Tonight I'm going all out and making a mini-Mexican fiesta.  Homemade refried beans, guacamole and salsa chips. Why not right?  I have to jet over to the theatre soon after, so forgive me if I smell the place up.

Peace and love,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts