The Ultimate Date

Everything in my life right now is pointing me towards New York City.  I've become obsessed with this city, even though I've never even been.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, this 32 year old quasi-comedian has never been to one of the greatest cities in the world.  A mere 6 hours away, yet a lifetime apart.

All that is about to change.

It began around December last year.  I'd started mentioning to people how it would be nice to go and visit, if for no other reason than I've just never been.  I remember driving by it on a trip to Florida 7 years ago or so, and thinking it glimmered like Mecca off in the distance.  But I wasn't ready yet.  My mom got me a NYC Lonely Planet for Christmas that I only ever really started to study in August.  And since August, all signs are telling me it's a place I need to be.

Things happen for a reason - my friend suggested we go to NYC for the Sketchfest, so she sent in an application, and lo and behold, Genius Gold is going to be performing at the Pit on a Saturday night at 10:00 pm.  No big deal.  JUST THE GREATEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE.

My ears perk up every time I hear its name, my heart skips a beat, I'm already in love and I truly have no idea what to expect.  I guess it will be the ultimate date.  I've been checking it out online, I've been talking to people to get a feel, see if it's in line with my core values, and I have to say I'm quite attracted. So, I'm pretty pumped.

And you know me - I've almost made my mind up that the right person for me doesn't even live in this city, so he must be in New York.  It's just a really interesting idea to me.  The world is far too big for me to settle down with a person I happen to meet in this tiny city. And after the last couple of dates I've been on, I'm seeing Montreal dating in a whole new light.  But I'll save that for another time.

For now, I'll let my love affair with New York blossom into whatever it's meant to be and I'll enjoy every minute.  Except for maybe the drive, maybe the traffic, and maybe the noise.  But we all have baggage, don't we?  ;)

Peace and love,
Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts