Earthing

There's this thing called Earthing.  It's basically this new-agey kinda thing where you stand on a patch of grass for 30 minutes to feel completely rejuvenated.  And if you can't get outside, they sell mats you can use to achieve the same thing.     You're basically soaking up electrons from the ground when you walk barefoot in the park, leaving you feeling... awesome.

This morning I was feeling not so awesome.  Work-related stress was getting to me, and I crumbled under the self-induced pressure.

Luckily I had a short field trip planned to our community garden plot that is only a block away from the school. And although I didn't walk barefoot through the park to get there, being out in the open cleansed my worries and provided an opportunity to decompress.

The grade 11 students were fascinated with all the community garden.  Some people really go to town and create a beautiful edible getaway in such a tiny space.

Our plot, although effective, does not function as an aesthetically pleasing area.  That'll come next year hopefully.

The kids harvested some broccoli, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, a coupla peppers, sage and mint.  Zucchini and tomatoes, which, by the way, started in our school greenhouse.  DOLLARAMA SEEDS!  Each of them were able to take 1/3 of the bounty home.

I asked them how they felt before we left to return to school.

We all agreed that it was nice to get out and have a change of scenery.

I for one, was able to turn my mood around.  Gardening!  YOU ARE MY SAVIOR!  Try it.

Peace and love,

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts