Betty Bang Bang

I am my own makeover show.  With a really low budget.  15 bucks and a pair of rusty scissors, I tend to reinvent my look once or twice a year.  I don't mean to, it just kind of happens.

It drives my students nuts.  They can't keep up and I think it causes a lot of confusion.  Some even get angry at me, ha.

I suppose it started around 1995 when I became obsessed with Winona Ryder in Reality Bites.  I somehow computed that we have very similar features (we don't) and that short hair would look amazing on me.  A little while later, I chopped my hair off.

I kept my locks short for most of high school, it was the 90s after all, and when it finally grew back, I got into bangs.  Bettie bangs, or baby bangs, like we called them back in the day.  Those were the style circa 2001, and I had this retro raver thing happening for a while.  A straight edge looking raver that hated dance music and listened to hardcore.  Whatevs, I owned it.

However temporary, I've had a lot of different hairstyles over the years.  It's only now, at 31, that I realize my inability to commit to one sort of "signature" hairdo.

Why should I, I know, but I am someone who looks for parallels all over the place.  Something exterior that rings true for the interior.  I guess my internal system feed is constantly on automatic refresh.

I've got all kinds of plants in my new(ish) place.  I love taking care of them and admiring their greenness. The previous tenant left most of them here since he was moving to the States, so I feel very fortunate to have them around.

We didn't have too many plants growing up, and the ones that we did have I didn't pay much attention to. This new found love for gardening is all very fresh and exciting for me.

I've got two pothos plants.  I don't think they're ever going to stop growing.  I've got vines wrapped around parts of the walls, over furniture and around a mirror, and they seem content to keep going.  It blows me away how rapidly this is happening too.  I want to clip one to see if I can re-pot it and give it away since it's so healthy but I'm afraid if I do this I'll kill the whole thing.

Best not to mess with perfection?  Or should I give my plants a new look as well?  I should track what's going on with me when I change my hair, it seems to signify a very important attitude change.  Keepin' it fresh.

For now, I'm really happy with my new, reused look.  Went with the Bettie bangs, like it's 1954 (or 2001) up in here.

Peace and love ya'll,
Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts