Just Waves

Do you ever have those moments of clarity where you find yourself with your eyes wide open, as though they'd been shut for a long time? Like you've suddenly woken up from a long fog; everything is calm, everything is clear. Life is good.

This afternoon I opened my eyes on the ferry crossing over to Victoria. I saw the ocean waves, the mountains, the seagulls soaring alongside the giant vessel. It wasn't sunny, it was lightly raining, but there in front of me, was calm. Beauty. I blinked and realized I haven't felt this relaxed in months. Totally focused in the moment, enjoying my surroundings, without a billion things on my mind. Just waves.

The ferry brought us to our destination, and we were greeted by the smiling faces of cousins, people I love but don't get to see often enough.

This is going to be a good week. A break from the disruption of my unsettled living situation, a break from work, a break from that entire reality. I'm 4000 kilometres away, it can't get me here. For this week, my reality has a purpose, and that purpose is to enjoy every waking moment of my vacation. And you can garantee I will.

Cheers everyone,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts