On Death.

Death really puts things into perspective.  You have no choice but to pull the breaks in your own life, to stop and re-examine absolutely everything.  You reconsider every exchange, every choice you made with that person, every thought, feeling and opinion that crossed your mind.

I had a dream about him a few months ago, I should have said hello.

We can't blame ourselves for not following through.  You can't predict life's circumstances, no matter how sensitive or how close you might be, you remain separate in your own person.  The good thing is that we can always connect in our hearts, say what it is we missed, think the thoughts we need to.  It's a safe place.

Work was rough today - watching hundreds of smiling, laughing children during a music concert brought me to a strange place in my mind.

Later I held my friend's baby boy in my arms, feeling his warmth, his innocence...

We all start out pure, there's no other way to put it.  As we weave our way through life, we see the stories that make up who we are, experiences and happenings that affect our character and spirit.  Stories create us.  Everyone has stories.  Some good and some bad.  Just remember that you always have the power to see those stories in a different light, they don't need to cast a shadow forever.

I know you're hurting.  It's time to feel that.  Breathe, cry, smile, love... And then cry some more.  It's not going to be okay.  It's going to hurt forever.  But some day, it's going to hurt less.  And you're going to smile more.  And when those tears fall, they'll be filled with joy: the joy that you were so lucky to have known someone so special.

The only comfort I find in the death of a young one is knowing that the impact of their life will be that much greater.  He wasn't here for long, but he affected us deeply.

RIP Christopher Amos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts