18 Wheels of Love

I went to bed last night with one song in my head and woke up with a completely different one in it.

I wish you could hear the live Montreal version of the Drive-by Truckers playing 18 Wheels of Love.  That's the song I had in my head last night and it's what I'm listening to right now.  Their singer, Patterson Hood, is an excellent story-teller.  The first 7 minutes of the track is the story of his mother and how she fell in love with a truck driver named Chester.  I was at the show and I cried my guts out.

It's a beautiful song.

And it's a beautiful story.  If you're someone who's been lucky enough to have woven a love story that inspires others, I hope you know how wonderful it is.  I'm sure you do.

I've come to realize that finding someone special shouldn't be a difficult task.  We all know it is, it's painful in fact, but when the right kind of person comes around, things just fit.  It just works.  Or at least so far, that's what I'm reporting.

So many times I've pined after someone for all the wrong reasons, and usually because they're unavailable.    It seems like a self-protective thing I do, maybe you can relate.  I wouldn't say I'm out of the clear just yet, but I'm happily exploring some serious potential.

I'm actually listening to a compilation of songs I put together for a play I wrote.  I was convinced that play needed to be brought to a stage, but I'm not sure that'll ever happen. Maybe it'll be the last one I ever do, it's pretty close to my heart.  I don't know.  Anyhow, the songs are fantastic and they're taking me back to a certain time, reminding me just how present music has always been in my relationships.

I'm looking forward to starting a new playlist, I've already got a tune or two lined up  ;)

Social D,

Katie

Comments

  1. It shouldn't be difficult but holding on is the toughest test of 'em all. Unrequited love is at best a maladie best avoided. a heartbreaking punch in the face. Now music never disappoints. the best lover of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Flo, music never disappoints, sounds like you've got a good song right there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes music is def something i cant live without!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts