Laughter does the body good

On my way to work this morning I saw a little boy picking dandelions with one hand and holding his mother's with the other.  He had a schoolbag on so I can only assume they were on their way to daycare or school.  He looked about 5 or under.

It reminded me of the conversation I had with a teen at my high school yesterday, who is on the brink of graduation.  We were talking about our personal paths, our life's projection, and how sometimes we put obstacles in our way when it's not necessary.  Like taking on a negative outlook, we see things as challenges that prevent us from moving forward.  I was trying to convey to her that it's important to keep an open mind as well as an open path.

When I saw the little boy picking flowers on a city street, my first thought was, "ew those are probably covered in dog pee," but then I enjoyed the boy's carefree appreciation of a simple dandelion.  Life is full of flowers; sometimes they simply beautify our background, sometimes we pick them, and sometimes they are planted.

This week I've watched a garden grow.  Hanging out at the theatre for the Montreal Sketchfest, I've had so many laughs and great conversations, met new people and seen old friendly faces. The people who've been there are each unique and beautiful, and together they've created a colorful bouquet of great nights.  When funny people and artists fill a room, the opportunities for laughter are endless.  It's so organic.

Last night the lobby broke out in "Don't Stop Believing" and I was lucky enough to catch some on film.  When I watched it later, not a single person wasn't smiling.  We all took advantage of a great opportunity and a moment was created that won't be forgotten, at least not by this sketchfest-obsessed chicka. 

The path to happiness is decorated by flowers, laughodils and forget-me-nots. 

Journey,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts