Stella Got her Groove Back

I'm stealing internet from my cellphone right now, and I'll probably regret it later, but I just gotta lay down some words before I hit the hay.

I kind of feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz after she wakes up in her new colorful surroundings.  Like I got whipped around in a bad storm and then woke up to a whole new beginning.  Minus the whole dreamy hallucination Wicked Witch stuff.

I'm full of gratitude.  It's ridiculous.  I've got some insence on the go, have a couple of grocery items slowly filling up my fridge, Gracie's gnawing on her bone by my side, life is good.  It's great.

Now that I feel like I've turned a new page in life, moving out on my own like the grown woman I am, it feels as though I will shed all unwanted emotional residue left over from the tougher times I've experienced over the past year or so.  Not to sound too dramatic, but yeah the outlook is good.  SO GOOD!

I've got teapots and cds and mugs all over my counter right now, but soon they will all find their place in the right cupboard and my home will be ready for the next chapter.. love?  I've joked with a few close friends about "Operation Katie gets a Boyfriend" getting put into place once I'm officially unpacked so I shouldn't procrastinate.  I've got about a dozen mutual likes lined up on Tinder, so look out dating world, I'll be back before you know it.

Knowing when the right time to start dating again is key.  Knowing that at certain points I was trying to fill a void I didn't know how else to fill was definitely not the right time to meet someone great.  I'm not someone who can kind of settle just for the mean-time to beat the loneliness.  I can't do it, as much as I may have wanted to.  The hope, the desire for the right One showing up has actually helped me realize that things need to be right in me to begin with.  And now they feel like they are.  Or at least I know they will be when all my boxes are emptied again.

For most of my single life, it's been a "thing."  Being single.  Like I am disabled or something because I haven't found a mate.  I have a relative a couple of years older than me that I would cringe to see on our bi-annual basis because I knew the inevitable "so do you have a boyfriend?" question would come out and I'd have the usual... "um no" response.  She always did.  F-ing ALWAYS.  But it was ALWAYS someone new.  So in a sense I feel like I have taken the time to really get to the bottom of my being.

And now that I'm here, now that I know myself and understand my needs and likes and wants, I think it will be that much easier to attract the right person into my life.  I'm over the bad boys.  I'm over the pedestal, I can see what is best suited for this gal and I am determined to make that happen.

How's that for an affirmation, internet-land?

My heart is filled with a sense of love and appreciation, so now's a good time to put this out there.  Sent.  Signed, sealed, delivered.  Now I await a response.

Also, let yourself fall in love with a totally talented and good-looking person over the weekend.  It does wonders for the spirit, even if it just lives in your mind for a while.  Love that part of yourself for a change.

;)

Plants and Animals, Happy Earth Day, recycle or something,
Katie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts