Pay your dues

I love how sense memory kicks in full throttle at the onset of Spring.  Smells, tiny memories of times past, it all comes flooding back after the dead of the Winter.

And this Spring, Katie is moving again.  I'm leaving the Mile End and heading South-West.  St-Henri, it's about to get real.

I spent 3 years in St-Henri while attending Cegep.  The Dome Theatre, now a decrepit abandoned building, was located a block away from Place St-Henri metro.  We probably spent more time there than we did with our families at the time, so the neighborhood has a bit of a sentimental flare to it for me.

Somehow I became deadlocked on moving to St-Henri and after visiting several apartments, I found one that felt.. really promising.  It's a loft of sorts, an old store, in the very West end of the borough.  I never imagined myself living in a place with such high ceilings, but it seems the ole' universe aligned itself and is giving me space to really spread my wings.  *tear.

That's the thing about it - not only was I drawn to the interesting layout, but the whole package just seemed right.  The guy living there is a musician/artist/computer programmer who got a job in Kentucky of all places.  For whatever reason a big part of my decision making has to do with vibe.  I like to know the history of the tenants, why they're leaving and a bit about them if I can.  I get really superstitious too.  The energy has to be right.

I have been exploring the concept of karma a lot lately.  About paying karma dues every once in a while.

When your life turns to shit after a series of mishaps and difficult times, maybe you're just paying your dues so that when it gets good again, you're all the more grateful.  That's how I feel about it.  Winter sucked the big one this year but now I feel soooooo much better about this positive turn of events.  I TOTALLY didn't feel this way going through it, but it's comforting to assume that outlook now that I'm out of it.

If we had karma tokens, it's as if we have to shell some out and put up with some bad times so we can reap the benefits when it comes around again.  And then sort of cash in when it does.

Anyhoo, these are just some Sunday afternoon thoughts as I pack up my life for the dozenth time.

Love ya,

Hozier,
Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts