Eye of the Storm

If you were Felix Baumgartner, about to potentially jump to your death from a tiny vessel hovering over the Earth, what would be going through your mind in those final moments before your freefall?  Who would you want in the control booth, assuming that someone in your life has all the qualifications necessary to get the job done right...  Someone you trust with your life, who won't fail you, who is by your side in your scariest moments.  Your best friend.

Who would you want to be greeted by after you take your first few steps back on the planet? Whose embrace would be able to absorb and return all the emotion you would be feeling in that moment?  Someone who understands you.  Your true love.

Who would you want to jump with?  Who would you be doing it for?  What does the jump mean to you?

All Redbull sponsorship aside, it was a pretty epic event, I'm glad I tuned in.  I feel inspired.

Last night I had a dream that the world, or Montreal at least, was coming to an end.  This is a recurring dream for me and obviously illustrates my anxiety levels.  Impending doom, whatever the stressor may be.  But I had a great epiphany in the dream I'd like to share.

After gathering all my writing journals to take with me, bound together like a 50s school child with a belt, there I was, in a parking lot, wanting to seek shelter.  I was with someone who was ready to give up, didn't think they would make it, with the eye of the storm just meters away from us.  As I pulled her toward safety, I thought to myself, with a very clear mind, I knew I needed to remember when I awoke, "it's easier to give up when you're in the eye of the storm, then to persevere and find safety."  Isn't that true?  The woman in my dream is a reflection of myself, pulling myself into a safe place.

We turn on ourselves, give in to negative thoughts and feel so caught up when life gets stormy.  But storms pass, and we must persevere, so that we can return to sunnier days and find the flow again.

Anyhoo, just a thought.

Peace and love,
Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts