FACE-STUFFING

I feel this thing slipping away from my fingertips.  The keyboard barely beneath, my thoughts as slow as molasses, I feel about as deep as a teacup these days.  I keep second-guessing everything that I feel inspired by and I tell myself I shouldn't write about it, maybe it's too personal and people will be put-off by my inner thoughts, revealed here on the web.

I don't really know who I write this for anymore, maybe just Grampa and a few readers who've held on, mostly for myself I suppose, to maintain some level of sanity.  Maybe if I just put it out there, it'll morph into something concrete somewhere else.  But for now... they're just thoughts, and stories on occasion.

I ate three bagels today.  I wish I was lying.  Breakfast, lunch and dinner.  So maybe the answer's in the question... I'm like the opposite of who I was when I started writing this blog two years ago!

I can't let this all be so depressing.  The tide rolls in, and the tide flows out.  The universe contracts, and then it expands.  Yin and Yang, my friends... yin and yang.  What I can say though, without a doubt, is you are what you eat.

Macrobiotic "eaters" truly believe that.  They believe that what you consume becomes a part of every cell, nerve and muscle you own.  I tend to agree, only I'm not as connected spiritually to my diet as I could be.  I watched a video today by the author of "The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics," and she literally taught a lesson on how to chew your food correctly.  100 times.  YEAH.  I KNOW.  I forgot about it by dinner time.  Besides, the cream cheese on my bagel would have congealed by my second bite and all point would be lost.

Isn't that what we hunt?  Flavah?  The gluttonous way we eat?  I'M GONNA STUFF MY FACE WITH THIS PUDDING IT'S SO GOOD.  hahahahahha Who hasn't.  Chewing your food so many times definitely will help with digestion and appreciating what you're putting in your mouth, but holy shit what a weirdo you'll look like at family dinners.  "No I'm not ready for dessert, I'm still on my appetizer, mom."

Wait til I try it with my family.  It's hard enough being the only vegetarian at every gathering, or trying to introduce the odd vegan alternative (vegenaise anyone?), offering raw apple pie didn't go over so well either that one time... can't imagine trying to chew my food 100 times next to my brother-in-law.

All in all, if you find that you're a face-stuffer, maybe slow it down a notch.  You'll notice you'll feel full faster too, we really don't need all the crap we serve ourselves.

It's day 3 sans coffee.  I'm cranky and moody, in case you didn't pick that up yet.  I'm replacing coffee with tea, and savoring each sip, perhaps a baby step towards taking more time to savor the (good) foods I eat.

Peace and love,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts