Keys and Bridges

This morning I unloaded 3 bales of hay into the theatre, bringing the grand total of hay bales to 8.

Seeing them on a downtown street stops people in their tracks.  They stare, smile and point, someone even snapped a picture.

It's for this show I'm doing.  Producing, technically, and hosting, but a show that has been brewing in my brain ever since I got back from Nashville.

It's amazing what professionals are able to do in a very short amount of time.

My friend's mom was flying in from Calgary and she booked a date at the theatre which gave me exactly 3 1/2 weeks to put the show together.  We had been talking about it for many months, but I always postponed out of a lack of confidence.  So I thank her for lighting a fire under my arse and motivating me to do it.

It's my first experience producing a show.  And thank god I'm surrounded by so many talented people, who also happen to have a very talented group of people surrounding them.  I just pictured all kind of Venn diagram circles.  It's the artist olympics up in Montreal.

I sat with my computer watching the musicians play songs together with inspiring ease.  It was like I entered into a new world and I was just trying to soak up all the references to keys and bridges and things I don't understand.

 I can pick up hay and rent a vintage car, I can make a window display and send a lot of Facebook messages to people I've never met, but I can't read music, and I sure as hell can't play it.  Yet.  We'll see, but these people sure are incredible.

I went to a convocation ceremony yesterday evening and the message at the end of the night was clear - follow your dreams.  How many times did you hear that growing up?  When did it stop?  Has it for you?  Dreams really morph a lot as you get older, that much I know for sure.  I never would have thought at 16 I'd be producing a country music show, but I think, once Wednesday at around 11 pm rolls around, I'll realize anything is possible.  And dreams do come true, with the right motivation and the right people involved, and DAMN I can't wait!

Peace and love and Women of Country,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts