Skip to My Loonie Bin

I'm gonna have lentils and peas popping up in all kinds of corners today.

Sounds like a good start to song.

Well, it's 8:45 am, and I just finished cleaning up an awesome mess of my lunch on my desk.  Rice, lentils and veggies sprawled all over the place.  People will be questioning the green goo squashed on the floor and the pieces of food turning up around my desk.  Did I mention my office is in the staffroom?

All joking aside, this is a turning point.

This morning I woke up about an hour earlier than I usually do, and I suppressed the urge to snooze and actually got out of bed.  This is rare in Katie-World, especially of late.  I was pleasantly surprised to find the straightening job I did on my hair last night remained in place, and I was feeling good.  I made myself a smoothie, put rice and lentils on in my cooker and even threw some vegetables on the stove to steam.  Wow, making myself a REAL lunch, the day I'm going to eat it.  I think it's a first.

I put myself together with my 50s cat eyeliner and bright pink gloss that bounces off my signature turquoise rose earrings perfectly.  I tucked myself into my dark blue jeans and decided to wear some sandals today, but not just any sandals; 4-inch high wedges.  I practiced in them when I took Gracie out and figured I could manage.

I got to work on time, greeted coworkers with a giant smile and confidence, set my laptop up and started to separate my lunch for placement in the fridge.  Juice and granola bar on one side, and why don't I give my rice and veggies a little shake?

BOOM.

Looks like Katie didn't sufficiently close the lid of her Ikea container.  Looks like there's RICE AND LENTILS AND PEAS all over the place!  Looks like I better take a picture and have a good laugh at myself before I let my good mood turn sour.

I'd consider myself somewhat of a proud human being.  My brother even called me a prude over the weekend, but at least I've been camping enough times to appreciate the value of food, and don't mind a little dirt in it.  I let the food that fell onto my chair and floor go, but you bet your ass I wasn't going to let the fresh-cooked dinner go to waste.  So, hands clean enough, I scooped up the hot mess and put it back into the container, closed the lid properly this time and carefully placed it in the fridge.

Food - is fragile.

I could let this disaster completely ruin my day, and maybe last week it would have.  But for some reason I have a spring in my step today and I want to keep it that way.  I woke up in a good mood, didn't rush and arrived to work with a pleasant calm.  I was complimented on my nice hair and my nice shoes, and was even given the challenge to keep them on all day.

"We'll see how you fare this afternoon," one teacher cajoled.

I am hoping, and don't let me jinx this, but I am hoping to have a good day.  Last night I thanked the universe for all the people in my life and I named them.  It felt good to do that, and it was a long list.  So maybe going to bed in a good mood, feeling grateful, has left me with a positive energy this morning, and I'm going to work to make it last.

Not everything comes easily in life - especially happiness, but damn it feels good when you know you've earned it.


Have a great day,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts