Ebb and Tide

I'm cooking tomato sauce, meanwhile there's a brand new family baby in the hospital.  Fresh born, yo.  Fresh outta the cooker.

As my tomatoes continue to stew... nope not going there.

I'm just overjoyed.

If I realized anything today, it's that life is constantly ebbing and flowing.  Ebb and flow, ebb and flow.

I look forward to seeing the ocean do this in Hawaii next week.  Oh yeah, if I haven't rubbed it in enough yet, I'm going to Hawaii in a few days.  Not for long, but I'll be back.  (To Hawaii.)

I'm stacking the best possible soundtrack for my rental as I drive around Oahu, Beck's new album topping the pile of cds I'm packing.  Seriously guys, give Morning Phase a listen.  I can't remember the last time I bought an album the day it was released, if ever.  Beck, thank you for understanding everything I needed to hear at this point of my life.

I started this blog high off of Arcade Fire's Suburbs album.  It's my prediction that Morning Phase will bring me the renewed inspiration my life needs at this point.

If you've been tuned in lately, you may have picked up on the trials this Winter has presented me with.  Now that Winter's on its way out, slowly but surely anyway, the veil of darkness is lifting and I feel renewed joy and hope for the future.

A friend recently returned from a faraway place and described some of the insights she had while she was away from the city.  Travel is so good for that kinda thing, ain't it?

I know insights await me in Oahu.  I know it.  And yeah I need to travel a great distance sometimes to realize and understand things that have been presenting themselves to me in my Montreal life.  Being away, life management seems less daunting and easier to focus in on.  So many important aspects of my life became clear to me in Nashville, and I sincerely feel that the realizations I made there impacted my life and continue to this day.  Time for more travel.

This is a totally narcissistic blog.  It's all about me, can't deny that.  But I know that people read and feel a little less estranged from their own lives, based on the feedback I receive... sometimes it's nice to hear that other people share the same life crises that you do.  I share them all.  ;)

A kid went missing this weekend, a kid I know and work with.  She's safe and sound, luckily, but will be dealing with the aftermath of her voluntary disappearance for the weeks to come, I can't imagine what she must be going through.  Another person I know is dealing with an unhappy life situation but is so eloquently able to express herself through it, and regardless of the effects i'ts had on me, she's working it out on her own terms.  I'm learning about forgiveness.

Meanwhile, as the crazy world turns and more and more animosity grows in Quebec because of Pauline Marois and other nonsense goes on in the world, somewhere in Ottawa, a little baby boy was born today.  And he's effing perfect, so I'm told.  Babies are born every minute, think of it.  It's beautiful.

So take a moment to prepare yourself for the arrival of a new soul and make the reality you can bestow upon him or her worth it.  We can make this place a decent world to be in, can't we?

I've got Hawaii on my mind,

Beck,
Katie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts