ChooChoo Yoga

The yoga train has arrived.  It has stationed itself in my life and I'm ready to get on-board.  It's a trip I've put off for years, for fear of the unknown, fear of going deeper in myself and my spirit, but I'm ready. 

Yoga has kind of been in-my-face lately.  I went on a great retreat yesterday, with Sasha Matthew, a Sivananda instructor (forgive me if I get the language wrong), and I took the opportunity to open up about my resistance.  He told me what I already knew, that when I'll be ready it will happen and that sometimes you just have to dive in, like one of my co-workers did on the lunchtime break.  Well he dove into the pool, without testing the water.  I've been testing the water for 3 years.  Time for a swim!

Sometime next week, probably after pay-day, I'm going to sign up for a week of Moksha.  I think it's 20 dollars and it's unlimited.  If it works out and I like it, then I'll put my name down for the Trades. You put in 5 hours of volunteer work a week and get unlimited yoga in return.  There's got to be a waiting list, but who knows maybe I'll get lucky.  Unfortunately most yoga classes I've researched are pricey.  Hot yoga especially.

Spending a day on yoga was truly enlightening and it's something I want to introduce more of in my job with the kids.  I'd feel like a hippocrite if I didn't practice regularly, so just like I felt like I had to quit smoking before starting a blog on health and wellness, well I need to start doing yoga more often before bringing it to others.  Common sense.

While in Winnipeg, I bought a really cool lime green t-shirt with a vintage comic strip style octopus design on it.  They only had one size, and I really liked it, so I bought it even though it fit a little snug.  Always up for a laugh, one night I put it on in the hotel room with the girls and walked around like a tough guy sucking in, claiming it'll be my "yoga body" shirt.  We all laughed at me.  lol.  Just wait.  Before you know it, I'll be signing the blogs with Namaste.

Not a sell-out,

Katie

PS, if you're looking for really nice and relaxing music, check out Zee Avi at Spinner.ca: http://music.aol.ca/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/5 .  The link will probably expire soon, so enjoy it while it lasts! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts