Show Poet

I found the hippies from my youth
They were dancing on sand
To dubstep at 3 am

Still under the age of 20
Still loving each other
Still wearing barely anything at all

Barefoot
Breathing
Grooving
Tripping

That was my first rave.

A friend brought me out to this indoor volleyball court in Griffintown that was hosting a dance party til dawn.  Some good djs but I just couldn't get over how I felt like all the hippies from Beloeil circa 1998 came out of their perfectly preserved forest place to dance to dubstep.  It was weird, but the sand felt good on my feet.

There were people of all walks there, some chaga on tap and fruit salad for the patrons.  Pretty fun night.

The projections seemed to be a focal point for everyone, giant images on the wall moving with the beat.  Energy!  That's what it comes down to... The stuff we put in our bodies, how we manage our energy and how we get in touch with that energy.  Energy.

Definitely felt like a lot of people there were yoga practitioners.  But maybe that's just on my mind because I imagined myself on a beach at Wanderlust doing the same thing.  Dancing with energy, but on a real beach, not in some warehouse volleyball court.

Peace and love in the universe!


Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts