Refresher

A little boy handed me a petal from the cherry tree out in the schoolyard today.  All the kids were picking them, the small bush had bloomed and you could literally tell it was picked by shorties... no flowers missing past their reach.

The petal was so soft and delicate, a beautiful piece of nature, handed over to me to share in the awe of it.

I've been in awe of the little ones lately.  It's a crazy time of year because it's so nice out and sunny, kids are happy but getting more and more rambunctious as the summer vacation approaches.  But the sweetness of their tiny faces, their little worlds bursting with color, everything must be so exaggerated to them.  It is, in fact.  And that's how it's supposed to be.  Colorful and fun.

We forget, don't we, about the little things?  Those little gifts that the world gives us, that are so fresh and new for young ones, we've grown accustomed and blind to much of nature's beauty.  I'd rather scoot the ant off my leg than watch it explore the curvature of its landscape.  Maybe I'm too caught up in my urban life.

They teach me how to see again.  To see the world through 7 year old eyes, it's so refreshing.  Imagine waking up every morning and noticing something new on your street, on your way to work, or out for a walk.  There's so much beauty in the everyday setting of our lives... We just need to be open to notice again.

Peace and love,
Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts