Pre-Bucket List Bucket List

So I've taken a few weeks off work to recover from anemia.  No wonder I've been so exhausted lately.

That being said, it was hard to admit to myself I needed the time off.  I felt like I was failing at life, hahaha.  But, My Body Talks! So I need to do what is needed to feel better, and that's consuming more iron and resting.

I've been spending my days tirelessly scoping out the internet and watching movies.  Today I was feeling more energetic so after shoveling out my car I sat down to answer a question that's been on my mind for weeks.

Two Sundays ago, about, we were playing a warm-up game before an improv show at Theatre-Ste-Catherine called "5 Things."  Basically someone gives you a topic like 5 colors, and you name 5 colors.  Very simple, but we often get creative with our questions like "5 things you want to do before you die."

I got a version of that question that threw me for a loop because it was really good but I needed some time to reflect in order to answer it.  Instead I just made things up.  The question was "5 things you've already checked off your bucket list."

It's been on my mind so I sat down just now and wrote it up, after writing my real bucket list, consisting of about 20 things from getting married to traveling to South America.  My "Pre-Bucket List Bucket List" is much more conservative, but it felt really good to see some of the accomplishments I've always wanted for myself.  I encourage you to do it too, and thanks Andrew for the suggestion.

Life just kind of flashes by us, doesn't it?  Always thinking ahead, what's next, what have I got to do, how am I going to do it, when will I get there?

We forget the already-amazing things we've done!  Hey, we deserve a pat on the back for making it this far! So, have fun and congratulate yourself for the awesomeness you've accomplished this far in your life.  What are you most proud of?  What's the greatest fear you've faced?  What's the silliest thing on your list?

It's fun.

Band of Horses,

Katie


Comments

  1. This post was so inspirational! You should make your high school classes and elementary school classes do this, and actually make them think about doing the things on their list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I hope you made one too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Katie! It's Briana (one of your MCs from last year's Gardenview Talent Show!) My older sister actually wrote the comment(the one you replied to about the bucket list thing.) All I wanted to say was High School is so much better because of YOU! All of those morning classes that you taught us was amazing! It made a huge impact on how I think of school, life and practically everything! But the part I find funny is every time I attend an assembly at school, I always think of what you had once said before when you talked and bonded with us! You are mind blowing and you are always going to be remembered by me and maybe many other Gardenviwers. My older sister will continue reading you posts because she finds them so inspirational and matter-of-fact my sister did make her own list and so did I! One last thing, the other day I was actually achieving my list!
      -Briana :)

      Delete
    2. Hey Briana!!

      Your post is so touching, I'm so happy high school is going well, you are going to soar in this life!! It's nice to know we can achieve all our goals, huh? Go for it all. :)

      Take care! Good luck with finals!

      Miss Katie

      Delete
    3. Thank you Miss Katie!

      You are such an inspiration!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts