Tinderella

I had a dream last night that I was in a thrift store and I spotted two glass slippers for sale. They were clearly 2 different styles, for different sized feet.

I never write about my dreams, but Tinder convinced me to hash this one out.

It's been months since I've been on a date.  And that's a good sign, as far as I'm concerned, because I've been expending my energy in places that needed my attention - stage, comedy, moving, major life changes, etc.

With my first solo show under my belt, I'm ready.  I got everything done that I wanted to since August, and even though there is a mountain ahead of me still, why not take a break for a little romance?

BUT WHERE DO PEOPLE DO THAT THESE DAYS?  HOW YOU FIND A MATE?

I've lost my edge.  Remember a few years ago when I was posting about my active love/dating life?  When I took the bull by the horns and went for it?  When I had that certain confidence that I applied to love?  When it really mattered to me?

In a flash, I find myself having internet chats with people I've never met, rolling my eyes at the 20 messages I received over night on OkCupid and feeling ignored on Tinder.  It's already overwhelming.

I can't flirt to save my life anymore.  There was a handsome fellow coming to Sketchfest every night and I blew it.  "I won't bother him if he doesn't want to talk to me."  Because he didn't make eye contact one night, even though the sparks were flying the night before when I essentially interviewed him as he ordered his Perrier.  *SIGH.*

Cinderella lost her shoe that night.  But the prince went looking for her.

I guess the princes in my dream had given up their search... or maybe the Cinderellas finally gave up on Mr. Right showing up.

I'll settle for Converse.

Beyonce,
Katie

PS - While I have your attention, do yourself a favor and browse dating profiles listening to Grown Woman.  Because browsing to Bon Iver is really the worst thing you could do to yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts