Let's Play Risk

A couple of months ago I recognized that I had been living in a comfort zone.  A place that was always warm and fuzzy and welcomed me home with a stiff drink and pantouffles.  I remember making a conscious decision that it was time to take some risks and set myself up for potential failure and it has paid off.  I still have my slippers though, and dang are they nice to have on my feet in the winter.

Taking risks is always scary.  Always.  Whether it's booking a show that you're totally unprepared for, choosing peace over anger, or asking a lovely person out, it's never easy.  But at least we do these things, because we want to progress.  We want to take a step toward the next beautiful moment that we will be able to create or study or love, and isn't it worth the fear?

I'm doing a solo show in the Fringe.

I'm co-producing a festival in the Fall.  What?

I came very close to interviewing Kate McKinnon.

I WILL HANG OUT WITH KYLE MOONEY ONE DAY.  But that'll take a little more work.  And maybe a restraining order, but I'll have earned it.  ;)

Whatever it is that you want to be doing, do it damnit!  And sometimes take no for an answer! Because that will redirect your energy to something even better.  Love yourself. Pat yourself on the back for all that you're doing already.  Have fun.  Be patient.  Take your vitamins, stay up late, listen to good music and do something new and get out of your comfort zone.

Love more people,
Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts