Long Island Katie

Sometimes I start writing a blog entry and I'm not sure what I want to talk about.  They start and then they stay half-completed.

Hopefully this won't be another one of those.

What I've noticed over the past three years is that if I don't write when the inkling hits me then I lose the inspiration and the words seem to disappear.  Sometimes the thought or topic will brew for a little while and then I can hash it out, but most of the time it's gone by the end of the day.

I guess I'm in a state of constant reflection where I pull some common themes together and weave them into a little journal entry on here.  Themes this week: relationships, drama, music, friendships, beliefs...

I've been watching a constant stream of Long Island Medium in the past 7 days or so.  I've breezed through almost 3 seasons and I honestly really enjoy it.  I know a lot of people think she's a hack, but I guess because of the work I do, I really appreciate the gift she offers people.  And in the end, if you believe in it, and you get a message from a loved one, what can beat that in your grieving process!?

I've mastered a good impression of Theresa Caputo, which may or may not wind up on stage at some point, but that's not what's really sticking.

I guess it's just about energy.  And being a sensitive person.  Vibes.  I think if you pay attention, it's pretty easy to pick up on the vibe of a place.

I was recently in a venue with a lot of love in it.  A lot.  Just based on the history, there was a lot of love and care in the air.  It probably had everything to do with the special event I was at, but that's a special feeling.  It's nice.

I don't want to get all freaky-deaky here, it's Sunday night after all, but it's kind of a nice thing to be in touch with your surroundings, beyond what they can offer you on a purely "physical" level.

A building just fills up with people who have stories and maybe that's what creates the energy, but purpose and intent also has something to do with it.  I don't have much of a point to get to here, but maybe just allow yourself to be open to energy and see where it takes you.

New music,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

relationsh*ts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

Popcorn Farts