Impermanence

May I introduce you to Chuck Ragan.  I accidentally discovered him last week and though it may sound a tad dramatic, I'm pretty sure he changed my life.  Or at least helped put things into perspective.

I'm an open book.  Ask me anything and I can't help but be totally honest and up front, in the nicest way possible.  I wear my heart on my sleeve and probably reveal more than I should in my writing, but I've discovered something incredibly enlightening this past week: impermanence.

Last Monday I posted a beautiful picture of my beautiful mantle in my beautiful living room and entitled it "Impermanence."  See, I don't get to keep it.  I'm actually moving out.  It seems the fates and the universe are ushering me to a new place, and it's not in Manoir Old Orchard, as I'd so hoped.  It turns out it's been more of a nightmare than a dream home.  I think the mice was the last straw.  But they'd probably eat that too, so it's time for me to go.

It's been quite a fight to get into that apartment, and now all I want to do is sell all my belongings and move down South.  But that's crazy isn't it.  ;)

When the moment finally hit me that I wouldn't be staying, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and the fog lifted and I could see the ample opportunities that await me now, as opposed to the struggles of living out of boxes for the past 3 months...

Later that same Monday I found myself at Chuck Ragan's Revival Tour, just cuz it sounded cool and I know his band Hot Water Music is great, but what awaited me was 7 passionate musicians singing and playing their hearts out, with camaraderie like I've never seen before on stage.  Story-telling, transparency, guitars and emotions a-flowing, it was the best show I've been to in years.

Seems quite suitable that I should attend a "Revival Tour".  Since that Monday, the notion of impermanence has been in my thoughts, and the more I concentrate on it, the more things seem to fall into place.  I've been fighting tooth and nail to have a stable home when all I needed to do was throw in the towel and accept what is being handed to me - an open road.

What shape, form and direction my story will take remains to be revealed, but here's what I've learned over the week, and I don't want it to sound negative, it's actually totally enlightening:

Nothing in this life is meant to be, everything is meant to be not.  Once you accept that, it makes all the risks you've taken and mistakes made worth it. They go away in the end too, so you might as well make them happen.  Take a chance on your heart and love yourself for trusting in the unknown.  It's vast and filled with magic.

Nomad by Fate,

Katie

Here's the song that really hits home (ironically) by Chuck Ragan.  Please give it a listen, you won't regret it:




And while you're at it:


You're welcome.

Love,
Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts