100 Days of Writing - 58

I had a very weird dream last night.  DREAM ALERT.

It was 2008.  And for some reason Tig Notaro and her daughter were at this employment event (I'm job hunting like crazy right now). Anyway, her daughter gets the job search machine going, which is clearly an old, clunky electronic, but anyway, it's supposed to help me find a job.  And it's so easy to use, a kid can do it.

So she spins the wheel or whatever, and I'm thinking in my head, "This is Tig Notaro. I am currently time travelling and have a brief moment to ask Tig whatever the hell I want."  So I looked at her as she was starting to turn away from me, and the lucid moment was starting to lift back to waking life, and I asked her, "what do you wish you did more when you were just starting out as a writer?"  And then I was like Tig?  Tig?  Cuz she was walking away of course... Because the dream moment was too precious... and she turned and said TALK TO PEOPLE.  And then we were across the hall from each other, and I gave her advice that might help a friend of hers in the future and then I woke up.  Super weirded out.  I half wanted to check the news headlines to see if I had indeed changed history, but alas I did not.

I did get some pretty solid advice though.  And that's the hardest part for me right now as an "emerging writer" or whatever you want to call me... It's the finding and the talking to people I've never met that is super hard.  But it's also like, nobody knows that I exist currently so I'm going to have to talk to people to change that.  To meet others and whatnot.

The protective shell I like to live in has gotten me a latte art job and that's not where I want to be.  AT ALL, LET ME MAKE THAT CLEAR, UNIVERSE.  PLEASE SEND ME A JOB IN THE INDUSTRY.

Okay cool, am I dreaming still?

Indie 88,
Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts