100 Days of Writing - 57

I can't seem to pump out a blog post anymore.  I'm in a ebb of avoidance I suppose.

It's been a challenging several months since I left off.  My grandpa died, I got shingles, and lost my job.  Okay to be fair that was in the span of 3 weeks.  After that, things improved.  I did an internship, finished school, and completed a great spec script for a pre-school show.

That one I'm very proud of.

That's been the biggest takeaway from my year in school.  The writing process.  It helped build up the creator in me, and I remember when I started I didn't feel like I had any ideas left in me.  But through the support of teachers and my peers, things came together and I feel like the fountain of creativity has returned to me.

It was a shock to go back to school.  It was exactly what I needed in order to bridge my love of comedy and my love of working with kids, and so I'm super glad I did it.  It's validated my intentions and has shown me what I'm capable of.

When I got my final assignment back, a second draft of above-mentioned script, my teacher wrote that I'm ready to start writing professionally.

I cried.

There's no more denying it!  I want to do and I can do it, so I'm doing it.

And I'm thankful that I have a much better sense of what to do when I've built an original series idea... so go back to school if you need to.  It's crazy to do it on your own, but support comes forward in many ways and I was able to make it through so you can too.

Proud graduate of Centennial College's Children's Media Program,

Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popcorn Farts

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts