100 Days of Writing - 56

I've almost finished my first spec script.  It sucks, and I'm not afraid to admit it.  But! The experience of writing a synopsis, then an outline, and then the script, has been super helpful.  It's so much easier to follow than to do what I've done in the past, which is to just wing it.

It's too short, and the monologuist in me has written too many scenes that don't involve other people.  How do you convey a story when a character is alone?  I'm all about the inner thinking, but that's not TV.  I'll have to go back and beef up the scenes to flesh out the dialogue more.  I suppose it's a skeleton script for now, and that's A OKAY. 

Things have gotten so crazy I've barely made time to write.  I've gone out a few times with the old journal, but I still want to get to 100 posts this year on this thing.  I'm happy to be just over halfway there.

I've secured an internship in development which will allow for a lot more reading of scripts so that will be beneficial.  It'll be nice to hone my editing skills as well as feed the producer brain I have.  Knowledge is power.

I have to write a middle grade synopsis for a chapter book in the next week, and I find I've been pulling from my own life quite a bit, which has been fun.  Who woulda thought I had so much in common with a group of 11 yr olds growing up in the boonies?  Okay, maybe since I grew up in the boonies it makes sense. 

Gracie, my dog, seems to dislike it when I write.  I imagine it's because she can't understand what the heck I'm doing but that my fingers are making lots of noises and I'm staring at a rectangular lightbulb for several hours at a time.  We'll see what I get done this week, what with it being THE LAST WEEK OF INTENSE SCHOOLDOM.

I'm almost finished!  This year has been RIDICULITIS!  But so proud of everything I've accomplished.  Hoping to regain my writing mojo and energy to hack away at this challenge.

Peace,

Katie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cow bleeds and I benefit(ed)

relationsh*ts

Popcorn Farts